Wilderness Road Volumes 9-10 Online
The Genealogical Society has elected to place images of the pages of volumes nine and ten of the Wilderness Road Quarterly online for your use. Links to these volumes are below.
All of these images are copyrighted by the Bullitt County Genealogical Society. By viewing and/or downloading any of them, you agree that it is for your personal use. These images may not be distributed in any way, electronic or otherwise, without the express written permission of the Bullitt County Genealogical Society.
- Volume 9, Number 1 - September 1996
- Guardian Accounts, Book C; Slave Cemetery's Secrets Unfolding; Bullitt County 1804 Tax Lists; Mt. Washington Looking Back; Shepherdsville Cemetery; Mt. Washington Cemetery Proves of Great Interest; Forgotten Cemetery Haunts Road Builders; Bullitt County Deaths - 1894; Buckman Handwritten Notes; Salt Works Lease Agreement; The George and Mary Givens Family Chart; A 1936 Visit to Shepherdsville; Mailbag, Notes, Queries, Book Reviews, Etc.; Ahnentafels; Index.
- Volume 9, Number 2 - December 1996
- 1804 Tax List; Judge Leroy Daniels; Bullitt County Marriages - 1894; Royce Swearingen Turns 100; Bullitt County Births, Marriages, Deaths - 1904; Drake-Newkirk-Brown by Larry Hutchison; Guardian Accounts - Book C; Mr. and Mrs. W. F. Wigginton; Salt River Tiger Article by J. W. Croan - 1897; 1917 Train Wreck at Shepherdsville - Dead and Injured; Brown Families by Larry McCoy; Records of McFarland Funeral Home; News, Notes, Inquiries, Book Reviews, Etc.; Ahnentafels; Notes from Bullitt Pioneer - 22 Jul 1904; Index.
- Volume 9, Number 3 - March 1997
- 200 Year Anniversary; The 1937 Flood; Texia Harris Journal, 1936-37; Bullitt County Births & Deaths - 1907; Nitrate Film Advisory; Bullitt County Tavernkeepers - 1825; The Shepherd Family; Bullitt County Wills; Little Flock Fidelis Class 1956 Yearbook; Dr. George Wigginton Threlkeld; 1804 Bullitt County Tax List; Brown Families (continued); McFarland Funeral Home Records; News, Notes, Mailbag, and Queries; Ahnentafels; Index.
- Volume 9, Number 4 - June 1997
- Surname Index by Membership Numbers; Genealogical Society Members;cAntich-Balchunas Family History; Bullitt County Marriages - 1907; Bullitt Doctor Makes Quint History; Prepared by the Devil's Devil; McFarland Funeral Home Records; Bullitt County 1804 Tax List; Brown Families (concluded); News, Mailbag, Book Reviews, Queries, Etc.; Ahnentafels; Index.
- Volume 10, Number 1 - September 1997
- Prepared by the Devil's Devil; Black & White Photo Update; Bullitt County Births & Deaths - 1910; Mt. Washington Academy; Bullitt County 1804 Tax List; McFarland Funeral Home Records; Murray-Saunders Records; Bullitt Countians in the Orphan Brigade; The Ramsey Piano Factory, Mt. Washington; A List of Prisoners Taken by Indians; Bullitt Booster 1917 Advertisements; News, Mailbag, Queries, Reviews, Etc.; Ahnentafels; Index.
- Volume 10, Number 2 - December 1997
- Chamber of Commerce Salutes Bicentennial; Bullitt County 1804 Tax List; Sanders-Saunders; Bullitt County Post Office List; Shepherdsville High Class of 1924; Circuit Court Record of Proceedings Book, 1803-1825; James L. Patterson; Frank Smith Scrapbook Clippings; Prepared by the Devil's Devil; Preston Death in Missouri; McFarland Funeral Home Records; News, Mailbag, Queries, Etc.; The Bullitt Pioneer, 1904 Clippings; Ahnentafels; Bullitt Booster 1917 Advertisements; Index
- Volume 10, Number 3 - March 1998
- Brooks-White Family Records; 1797 Bullitt County Tax List (South of Salt River); Bullitt County 1804 Tax List; 1919 Bank Robbery; Prepared by the Devil's Devil; McFarland Funeral Home Records; Bullitt County Wills (continued); Notes, Mailbag, Queries, Reviews, Etc.; Index.
- Volume 10, Number 4 - June 1998
- John Speed's Salt Works; 1998 Surname List (by Membership Number); McFarland Funeral Home Records; Family Histories - Stephens, Heathman, Landers; Old Cedar Grove Cemetery; Bullitt County Deed Book A; Order of Sons of Liberty - 1860s; Notes, Reviews, Queries, Mailbag, Etc.; Ahnentafels; Bullitt Booster Advertisements - 1917; Index.
You may order back volumes of the Wilderness Road from Bullitt County Genealogical Society, PO Box 960, Shepherdsville KY 40165. Each volume is $20. Some record abstracts published serially in Wilderness Road have been collated and indexed and are available in book form (see book list). Each issue also contains miscellaneous records, queries, ancestor charts, museum news, book reviews, etc.
Many issues are available for sale at the Bullitt County History Museum. Follow this link to our Wilderness Road Issues page for a more detailed description of what is in each issue.